Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Decor Apartment Style

Graesen and I moved into an apartment this fall, so this is our first Christmas in our new home.  And really, it is quickly becoming home.  I love to decorate for the holidays, but I definitely have limited spacing (not to mention a limited budget).  Many of my decorations were gifts to me or handed down from family and friends.  It all pulls together to make a cozy, festive home for Graesen and I.  And I love it :)

My Christmas tree skirt was made by my mom:

An ornament I have loved since I was a little girl (I think it was from my great grandma if I remember right) and my red wooden bead for a garland.
The ornament my mom gave me two years ago for the baby I miscarried (who was due Christmas Eve)...I named "her" Lea-my middle name since "she" took a piece of me with her.



 The snowman candle was made by a close family friend, June, who just passed away from cancer.
Graesen's stocking was made by my mom.
The Christmas houses given to me by my grandma.
Our big basket of Christmas/winter books:
 






 The snowmen were another decoration handed down from family (since I am tired right now I can't remember if they were from my aunt or my grandma).

The mirror ice skating rink from my grandma's house that I was absolutely in love with as a little girl (plus Graesen's elf)

Graesen's small tree in his room with a mix of ornaments, including a lot of kid-made crafts.

The dining room table when it was set up for our breakfast/gingerbread house party.
 



  
It may not be super fancy, but I love our Christmas decor.  I



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't look like an apartment to me. Looks so warm and cozy and love your decorations! Stopping by from the KK link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look like an apartment to me either! Loved that you showed us how to make it look like a HOME! It's a beautiful home for you and your son! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete