Wednesday, March 9, 2016

New Beginnings

I didn't really plan to stop blogging when I did. A couple things led to it. The fact my computer was running extremely slow and it could take hours for the pictures to load on a post was part of it.  The other, bigger reason was that I was busy living a rather happy life. After nearly 2 years of divorce proceedings, life finally calmed down. I gave myself time to heal and then I opened up to the idea of dating again. Well just as God tends to do, He took my willingness and ran with it. I quickly met someone. It was odd, really, as it seems we probably ran into each other many times over the years but it simply wasn't time for us to know each other before then. Jon is a firefighter who loves what he does and loves family even more. He has a son who is only 8 months older than Graesen and in the same grade.  We dated for several months and became engaged just after thanksgiving 2014.


We had a low-key, family centered wedding in March where kids overtook the dance floor. 











Our first months were busy and hectic. We got used to being a family of 4 in a crowded little house. We juggled custody schedules, Jon's shift work, and my new teaching job. My cat and Jon's dog learned to tolerate and maybe even like each other a little bit. The boys played baseball and soccer and graduated from kindergarten. We went on some small trips, I had surgery for endometriosis, we bought a new house, started the boys at their new school, and found out I was pregnant. I spent the fall dealing with icky morning sickness in between work and the boys' cross-crountrg season. Then 2 days before Christmas we found out we would be welcomed another little BOY into our family. Caedmon Isaiah is due to make his arrival in May, but he's already given us a scare that led to a Christmas Eve ER visit (all is well right now...as long as I rest more and do less).  I've  looked back at old posts about Graesen and I miss blogging. I miss having somewhere to record all the little moments.  I want to somewhere to write down all the little details of raising Caedmon. And I want somewhere to write down the funny things Graesen and Jace say before they grow up and I forget it all. I can't promise to post as much as I used to, as life is busy now with 2, soon to be 3 little boys; but it's worth a shot.

1 comment:

  1. Joining you from Kelly's Korner. Your wedding pictures are lovely. Congratulations on your new blessing. Rest up.

    ReplyDelete